Melanie Bounds, Public Works Coordinator
- Engineering Design – Low Water Crossing: The purpose of this project was to design a site specific concrete low water crossing located approximately 15-miles southwest of Walsenburg, Colorado at the Bear Creek crossing, on Huerfano County Road 340. Additional services for this project include construction administration and on-site inspections during the construction of the crossing. Engineering design and construction activities performed are as follows:
- A Professional Land Surveyor was contracted to provide topographic data of the site.
- Surveyor data was used to develop site specific topography plan that were used in the construction drawings, design the concrete low water crossing, and develop a proposed road profile to accommodate the new low water crossing and site specific stormwater drainage issues.
- The Engineer performed a hydraulic analysis of a basin of approximately 908 acres. This evaluation utilized the Soil Conservation Service (SCS) method to determine the stormwater flows for particular storm events. This allowed the Engineer to correctly design the concrete low water crossing.
- Construction administration consisted of general coordination of the Client and Contractor representatives.
- Engineer was responsible to provide updates on the construction schedule and progress, on-site inspections at milestones (3), process of pay applications, change orders, coordination with contractor during Requests For Information (RFIs) as necessary, and administer construction closeout.
View Full Portfolio