Ben Doon, Costilla County Administrator
Tammy Morin, Secretary/Treasurer
- Preliminary Engineering Report: A comprehensive Preliminary Engineering Report (PER) was developed to evaluate the necessary improvements for implementation of continuous disinfection equipment to their potable water system. The PER was approved by the Colorado Department of Health and Environment (CDPHE), Water Quality Control Division (WQCD). With the assistance and support from Costilla County, GDWUA applied for funding through the State Revolving Fund and was granted loan forgiveness. While funding was being applied for, the design of the project improvements were conducted.
- Replace existing fiberglass water treatment building with a new building
- Replace existing disinfection system
- New distribution booster pump and variable frequency drive (VFD)
- New blow-off hydrants & distribution valves.
- Engineering Design – Potable Water System Improvements: The engineering design for the necessary system improvements generally consisted of the following:
- A well pitless adapter bury unit for the existing well
- A new Concrete Masonry Unit (CMU) treatment building
- New master flow meter
- New sodium hypochlorite disinfection system
- New booster pumps and variable frequency drive (VFD)
- New continuous chlorine analyzer
- Installation of a new access hatch and OSHA compliant ladder
- Stripping and refinishing of water storage tank interior
- Installation of isolation valves across the water distribution system
- Installation of flush hydrants on the distribution system
- Abandonment of old well
- Fill and abandon old cistern
Once funding was acquired, the design of various system improvements to the existing potable water treatment plant was conducted. The Project’s Plans and Specifications were approved by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE). The project was completed in August of 2017.
View Full Portfolio